Rails schema not updating

Diaspora was the first Kickstarter project to vastly overrun its goal.

As a result, they got written up in the New York Times – which turned into a bit of a scandal, because the chalkboard in the backdrop of the team photo had a dirty joke written on it, and no one noticed until it was actually printed. The fallout from that was actually how I first heard about the project.

Example response for 10 updates: In this test, the framework's ORM is used to fetch all rows from a database table containing an unknown number of Unix fortune cookie messages (the table has 12 rows, but the code cannot have foreknowledge of the table's size).

An additional fortune cookie message is inserted into the list at runtime and then the list is sorted by the message text.

As the 6CU, evolving a little further for the HE, this became the basis for all the remaining EFI variants of 16CU, 26CU and finally 36CU for the 6 litre XJS.

The test is run multiple times: testing 1, 5, 10, 15, and 20 updates per request.

Note that the number of statements per request is twice the number of updates since each update is paired with one query to fetch the object. The response is analogous to the multiple-query test.

I run 4-6 different projects every year, so I build a lot of web applications.

I’ve deployed most of the data stores you’ve heard about, and a few that you probably haven’t. This is a story about one of those times — why we picked it originally, how we discovered it was wrong, and how we recovered.

Leave a Reply